The message in Jay's message was that we need to respect the authority of the Scriptures. We need to preach the whole counsel of God. We cannot be afraid of pressure from the world, the church, or any other entity that would have us sacrifice the message of the Holy Spirit. It is in what is written that we can find God's message of love, instruction, comfort, transformation, and hope. When the rest of the world is choosing to only accept the things that are comfortable or currently popular - let us cling to the Bible and rest our faith on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
I was thinking of many truths that are still in the Bible that are sadly being rejected today...
- That Jesus is our only way to God is still in the Bible (John 14:6).
- That there is only one church is still in the Bible (Eph. 4:4-6).
- That repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins is still in the Bible (Acts 2:38).
- That we are to worship God according to the truth and with the right attitude is still in the Bible (John 4:24).
- That we should not willfully sin by forsaking the assembling of ourselves together is still in the Bible (Heb. 10:25-26).
- That we are to go into all the world with the gospel and make disciples of every nation is still in the Bible (Matt. 28:19-20).
- That we should always and in every way endeavor to keep the spirit of unity in the bond of peace is still in the Bible (Eph. 4:3).
- That would should strive to have the mind of Christ is still in the Bible (Phil. 2:5).
- That we should do everything for the cause of the kingdom with love is still in the Bible (1 Cor. 13:1-3).
"Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him..." ~ Hebrews 2:1-3