Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Soul Winning

Have you ever been asked to define yourself...to use words to represent who you are and what you believe in? Have you ever been asked to describe your dreams, and tell everyone what matters to you most?

If I were asked these questions, it would be very easy for me to answer them.

Where I live is inconsequential. How much money I make, not important. What people choose to think or believe about me - only significant as far as the gospel needs the proper support to make a difference in lives. Fame is completely irrelevant, because it is vanity and I know I will be forgotten eventually.

I want to be defined as a soul winner. When people think of me, I want them to know that I care enough about their salvation to help them work theirs out while I work out my own. I believe in the Bible. I believe in its saving power. I believe in God. I believe in His plan. I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who accomplished the plan. I believe in the church. And, I believe in people. I believe they are changeable. I believe they need Jesus.

My dreams are simple. I want to affect eternity. I want to go to heaven, and I want everybody to go with me.

That, in my opinion, is the description of soul winning. And, if you ask me, I think it is the only thing that matters.

"For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!"
~ 1 Corinthians 9:16

2 comments:

  1. Your special talent to "hide behind the cross and declare the whole counsel of God" is God-given and we are thankful to have heard your lessons publicly for the past few years. We pray you have a long life of service here and eternity with God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post describes the Jeremiah that I know and love as my brother in Christ.
    Tom Stanford

    ReplyDelete