Monday, February 20, 2012

To Our Deacons:

This Sunday at Willow Avenue we are installing seven men as deacons. This is a very important day for our spiritual family. Many prayers have been said on behalf of the elders, these new men, and those who currently serve as deacons. Our supreme desire is that we as a church are honoring and glorifying God. We trust that this process has been according to the examples set forth for us in the Bible.

To the church, I ask that you continue to pray for our deacons. I also ask that you will stay and listen during this process, as the elders will be informing us of the work that has been delegated to each of our deacons. You need to know who you should go to in certain sitatuions if there is a need. You also need to know what these men are doing so that you can support and help them in their efforts. Finally, church, accept them as deacons according to God's will. Give them the honor and respect they deserve as special servants in the kingdom.

To the deacons and their families: I want you to know that I love you with the love of the Lord. Even though I know that you know this is not about you, but about God, for those of you who are serving for the first time, it is an important day in your spiritual lives. It is hard not to be stirred with emotion as I see you take your rightful place in the church of Christ. This is happening because you and your spouses have humbled yourselves in your lives so as to follow Christ and show the proper dedication we should see in every Christian. I cannot express to you the depth of my feelings. But I want to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, and may God be with you and keep you.

What a wonderful day! May God be glorified! I am excited and thankful to be a part of the Willow Avenue church. May we all continue to grow in the love, and in the grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

"For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus." ~ 1 Timothy 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment