Thursday, July 5, 2007

America and Christianity #1

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people...it is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." (John Adams, 1st Vice President and 2nd President of the United States).

The founding fathers stated that without a moral code the constitution is useless. They believed the moral code was nothing other than the Bible itself. Our current problem with the direction of government is the removal of the Bible as the guiding force behind legislation and its interpretation. Without such guidance our government as we know it is without purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Good point! I am glad to be refreshed on the history at some time in my life I may have known. I agree the government is headed in the wrong direction. It is amazing that the government is sensitive to every belief and oppresses christianity to remain politically correct. I read this week in the paper about an author whose book is about how religion is responsible for the decline in America. I cannot remember his name.

    ReplyDelete