Friday, September 21, 2007

Spousal Abuse

I do not know the statistics. I am not sure how it is actually quantified. The reason is because there are many ways spouses can abuse one another.

It is obvious that there is a type of abuse that can be statistically charted. But what about the things we do to our spouses out of sheer selfishness?

Case in point. The other day I saw the stupidest thing I have ever seen being done in a vehicle. I was at the stoplight. An elderly couple was just in front of me. They had a handicapped license plate. She was driving, and smoking, and her husband was in the passenger seat hooked up to an oxygen tank!

I just shook my head.

But are we choking out our spouse in our own way? Are we allowing them some air? Are we promoting health, spiritually, mentally, and physically? I don't know about you, but I would hate to lose my soul, second-hand. I know we will all stand alone in judgment, but that doesn't mean that we aren't sometimes killing each other.

"Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." ~ Philippians 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment